The week of fundraising has been running for 26 years, after being launched in 1991 by independent baker, Christopher Freeman.
To get involved, guests can simply purchase a doughnut from a participating baker to raise money for The Children’s Trust, the UK’s leading charity for children with brain injury.
Last year £22,783 was raised for the charity, with the help of 394 bakers, cafes and shops.
CSM has shared some its favourite crazy doughnut trends this year:
1. DOUGHNICORNS – Unicorn food is taking the nation by storm, with glitter, sprinkles and all things fantastical. These are cute mythical doughnuts from @CaperucitaCupcakes.
2. BOTANICAL INFUSIONS – 2017 is proving that savoury herbs and sweet things go hand in hand. Just check out these orange glazed doughnuts with sugared rosemary. Credit here.
3. COOKIE DOUGH INDULGENCE – these doughnuts topped with fresh cookie dough are the ultimate dream. Credit here.
4. 3D CREATIONS – there’s a big trends for turning doughnuts into different shapes such as animals or other foods.
5. FREAKSHAKE MADNESS – everyone is going for mad for freakshakes. And doughnuts are the perfect topper. Credit here.
Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.