2. When do we collect data?
We may collect personal information from you when:
· you order products and services such as subscriptions from us;
· you register as a user;
· you provide content through our online sites;
· you apply for jobs with us;
· you register to receive our newsletters; and
· you contact us with a question or complaint
· we think we may have relevant content to share with you
We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to our Website, as described in the section headed "Cookies" below.
3. What personal information do we collect from you?
The personal information we may collect from you includes your:
· job title;
· company name;
· postal address;
· phone number (land line, mobile and fax);
· credit or debit card details; and
· email address.
If you apply for a job with us you also have the opportunity to upload your CV.
We will only keep this data for as long as is necessary to to fulfil the processsing purposes.
4. What do we do with your personal information?
When you give us any personal information as indicated above, we use your personal information to:
· enable you to use any services that we may from time to time provide through the Website;
· enable you to become a registered user on one or more of our Websites;
· process your transaction or subscription and correspond with you accordingly;
· provide you, in accordance with your communications preferences, with information about our products and services, our latest news or special offers which may be of interest to you;
· ensure that you don’t receive information from us should you have unsubscribed from our services;
· track activity on our Websites for market research purposes so that we can improve the usefulness and content of the Website. In carrying out such activity, we use the personal information in aggregate and on an anonymous basis;
· for Website administration (including enabling us to respond to any comments on the Website or feedback you may give us).
5. On what legal basis do we process your personal data?
We may be processing your personal data on one of several different grounds including on the basis of legitimate interests and consent.
6. Who do we pass your personal information to?
We may share personal information collected via the Website within our corporate group including QSR Media Asia, QSR Media Australia and the Charlton Media Group. Otherwise, we will only disclose personal information to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, successors in title to our business and suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf.
7. International transfers of personal information
Using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data across international boundaries. In particular, we will hold your personal information in the UK, and we may transfer it to third countries including Hong Kong and the USA to a service provider who may host the Website and store personal information on our behalf.
By browsing the Websites and submitting personal information to us, you acknowledge our processing of your personal information on this basis.
When you view our Website we may store information on the hard drive of your computer or on your mobile device in the form of a "cookie" (essentially a small text file). Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information.
Cookies set by us are called "first party cookies". Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called "third party cookies". Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. advertising, videos and website analytics services). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are ‘session cookies’, meaning that they exist only while your website browser is open and are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are ‘permanent cookies’, meaning that they survive after your browser is closed and can be used by websites to recognise your computer when you later re-open your browser and browse the internet again.
9. Linking to other websites
The Websites contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These websites have their own privacy policies and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
10. IP Addresses
We study visitor trends since we are interested in the successful dissemination of information through the Website. Our server creates log files of information such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address from your network, what pages were explored and the length of your visit. Analysis software such as Google Analytics is used to generate reports which help us to learn more about how we can enhance your experience with the Website.
We use a third-party provider, ConstantContact, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please refer to ConstantContact's privacy notice.
An IP address is a number designated for your computer by your Internet service provider to provide access to the Internet. We may use your IP address to gather aggregate information on use. But we will only be able to identify you individually if we have the means of linking the IP address to you as a particular user. This usually requires access to additional information which we do not seek.
11. Your right to see your personal information
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing the address below.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold on you and to have any errors in that information corrected. We may charge a small fee for such requests where this is permitted under applicable law. You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the details provided below.
How to contact us: