QSR Media UK Awards 2024
Download Awards Deck
QSR MEDIA UK AWARDS 2024
As the quick-service restaurant industry undergoes a transformative shift, it faces an array of new challenges. To remain competitive, brands must embrace innovation, leverage emerging technologies, and explore novel avenues for growth.
This year, we are assembling the leading names in the UK's quick-service restaurant sector at the QSR Media UK Conference. Together, industry experts will tackle pressing questions and strategies for navigating the evolving landscape marked by shifting consumer preferences, economic complexities, and the constant influx of new technologies.
Amidst insightful discussions and knowledge-sharing, the event will culminate in a day of celebration—the QSR Media UK Awards. This prestigious ceremony will honour the outstanding brands and remarkable individuals who have made significant contributions to the QSR industry.
We invite you to join us in London for the QSR Media UK Awards 2024, where the future of quick-service restaurants will be shaped, and excellence in the industry will be celebrated.
To check our conference page and agenda, click here.
• The nomination is open to all multi-site fast food and fast-casual restaurants in UK.
• Each can nominate for a maximum of 5 categories.
• Brands are allowed to submit an initiative to multiple categories (nomination limit still applies). However, this initiative can win in one category only.
• Each nomination form is valid for 1 entry only. If you are nominating for several categories, please enter each nomination separately.
• A team of chosen experts from the fast food and fast-casual restaurant industry will evaluate the nominations based on the documents submitted by entrants.
• Deadline for the submission of entries is on 12 April 2024.
• The nomination is free of charge.
• To be eligible for an award, the product/service/initiative must be launched (either in part or full) over the last 12 calendar months (between February 2023 and February 2024).
• The product/service/initiative must not be the subject of a legal challenge or dispute.
• For the Rising Star award, a previous winner of the award cannot be nominated.
HOW TO ENTER?
1. Go to the Nomination page of QSR Media UK Awards 2024.
2. Fill out the necessary details about the entrant.
3. Provide the project title and project uniqueness and summary (strictly 300-500 words).
4. Upload your supporting documents in the form (optional)
5. You will then receive an email confirmation from the QSR Media Awards team.
6. Submit your entries and supporting documents on or before 12 April 2024.
Note: Each nomination form is valid for 1 entry only. If you are nominating for several categories, please enter each nomination separately.
Uniqueness & Innovation
What makes the project new, unique and innovative?
What are the achievements of the result? What was the impact on your company and stakeholders?
Is this strategy, service or product flexible to changes and progressive opportunities?
If you have any queries, please contact us at [email protected]
Best Digital Initiative – For fast food and fast casual restaurants who utilize digital platforms and technology to improve their brand experience. This includes initiatives to connect with customers online through social platforms like Facebook and Instagram, as well as anything from brand specific-ordering apps to in-store technology solutions designed to improve customer service.
Best Brand Transformation – For fast food and fast casual restaurants who have recently undergone a revamp. This could include anything from a new look for stores and restaurants or improved brand design that delivers a completely new brand experience.
Best Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative - For fast food and fast casual restaurants who think beyond profits. We’re looking for the best initiative of the last 12 months, which could include anything from a new environmentally friendly approach to business to giving back to the community through charities.
Best Marketing Campaign (Small to Medium Restaurant Chain) - For fast food and fast casual chains who have under 50 restaurants and have launched major and minor marketing campaigns in the past 12 months. We’re looking for the most successful campaigns in terms of innovation and reception.
Best Marketing Campaign (Large Restaurant Chain) - For fast food and fast casual chains who have over 50 restaurants and have launched major and minor marketing campaigns in the past 12 months. We’re looking for the most successful campaigns in terms of innovation and reception.
Best New Concept - For fast food and fast casual restaurants who have been up and running for 5 years or less, or more established brands offering hot new concepts in the limited serve arena. This could include brands that attempt to serve new offerings as well as utilizing new and innovative ways to cater to the consumer.
Rising Star - For executives 30 years or younger. This award aims to recognise and reward an individual's contribution. Winners from the previous years cannot be nominated again.
Best Innovation – Food and Beverage – For fast food and fast casual restaurants who strive to provide creative new food and beverage offerings to their customers. This award recognizes chains who come up with unique, outstanding products in a diverse market. May include limited time offerings, unique new flavour ranges, dishes from new cuisines, as well as new twists to the traditional fare.
Best Menu Innovation - Limited Time Offer - For QSRs have demonstrated exceptional creativity, ingenuity, and market appeal through their limited-time menu offerings. This award recognizes the brands or operators that have successfully captured the attention of customers with innovative and exciting menu items, creating a buzz and driving increased customer engagement and sales, offered through specific dates or available for only a short period of time.
Best Brand Collaboration - This award celebrates QSR brands or operators that have successfully collaborated with external brands or influencers to create innovative and exciting menu offerings, along with unique merchandise or experiences to either elevate the brands name or collaborate in a marketing project by another brand or influencer, not necessarily in the fast-food industry.
Best Customer Experience - This award is given to brands that have raised the bar in enhancing its in-store, off-premise or at-home customer experience and successfully elevating consumers' interactions with the business.
Best Restaurant Renovation - The Best Restaurant Renovation award recognizes quick-service restaurants (QSR) or casual dining establishments that have undergone an outstanding renovation, resulting in a transformed and enhanced dining experience for customers. This award celebrates the brands or operators that have invested in revitalizing their physical spaces, creating an inviting and innovative ambience that aligns with their brand identity.
Best Delivery Initiative - For quick-service restaurant brands or operators that have implemented the most innovative, efficient, and customer-centric delivery initiatives. This could range from unique partnerships to utilising technology to create exceptional customer-centric experiences, and adaptability and scalability to meet demand.
Best Employee Recognition Program - For brands or operators that have created programs to boost morale, motivate and engage employees by implementing recognition programs that elevate employees by giving recognition and appreciation to their contributions and achievements in the workplace. The recipient of this award will have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to recognizing and valuing their employees' efforts and creating a supportive and rewarding work environment.
Diversity and Inclusion Champion - This award recognizes QSR brands or operators that have demonstrated exceptional commitment and leadership in fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion within their organization. The winning brand will have implemented strategies, policies, and initiatives that promote equality, representation, and opportunities for all, whilst actively working to dismantle barriers and foster a culture of belonging within the QSR industry.
Squad of the Year - For quick service and fast casual food operator teams that have developed an excellent internal culture that has seen impressive outcomes.
Special Recognition Award - QSR Media will recognise either an individual or organisation for an outstanding achievement during the course of the year.
2024 Multi-Site Restaurant of the Year - The award is presented to a fast food or fast casual restaurant who have shown exemplary accomplishments resulting in major advances in the quick service restaurant industry. Nominations for any other QSR Media UK Awards category automatically qualify the nominated brand for this category.
- Editor's Choice - Chaiiwala, I am Döner, Papa Johns, Popeyes Louisiana Chicken, Burger King
- Best Digital Initiative - Coco di Mama
- Best Brand Transformation - Chicken Shop
- Best Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative - Black Sheep Coffee
- Best Marketing Campaign - Wingstop UK
- Best New Concept - Caffè Carluccio’s
- Rising Star - Nicole Cockburn, Popeyes Louisiana Chicken
- Best Innovation – Food and Beverage - LEON
- Best Innovation – Health - LEON
- Best Sustainability Initiative - Coco di Mama
- Best Loyalty Program - Chicken Shop
- Best Customer Experience - Subway®
- Squad of the Year - Boost Juice Bars UK
- Special Recognition Award - Chopstix
- 2023 Multi-Site Restaurant of the Year - Tortilla