, UK

Domino's responds to allegations it misled City over franchisee row

Read their statement here.

Domino’s Pizza Group has responded to allegations that it had misled the City over the state of its relationship with its franchisees.

"Domino's Pizza Group plc notes the press article in the Sunday Times on 17 March 2019 referring to confidential correspondence between DFA UK & IRL Limited and the Company," they said in a statement. "The Company strongly refutes the reported allegations. The Company has been clear and transparent that it has been in commercial discussions with franchisees, which are continuing."

The Sunday Times reported the contents of a letter Domino’s received from a group of store owners last week, which mentioned that comments suggesting a resolution to an ongoing dispute could be found were “extremely misleading”, because chief executive David Wild and the board were “at total odds with the franchisees”.

In Domino's preliminary results for FY 2018, Wild said that they are "determined to improve operational and financial performance in our international businesses" and ensure a "smoother relationship" with some of their franchisees.

(Also read: Domino's Pizza Group's profits hit by "growing pains")
 

Join QSR Media UK community
Since you're here...

...there are many ways you can work with us to advertise your company and connect to your customers. Our team can help you dight and create an advertising campaign, in print and digital, on this website and in print magazine.

We can also organize a real life or digital event for you and find thought leader speakers as well as industry leaders, who could be your potential partners, to join the event. We also run some awards programmes which give you an opportunity to be recognized for your achievements during the year and you can join this as a participant or a sponsor.

Let us help you drive your business forward with a good partnership!