News
LEGAL | Staff Reporter, UK
view(s)

TGI Fridays forms 12-person tronc committee for even distribution of tips

The news followed after their workers performed a series of strikes.

TGI Fridays announced that they made a 12-person tronc committee that is made to regulate how tips are distributed.

They proposed that 35% of the tips through card payments will go to the kitchen and door staff, while the front staff gets to keep the rest of the 65%. The changes will be rolled out in February next year.

Cash tips can still be kept by the respective employees who received it.

The decision followed after their workers attended a series of strikes that is said to be driven by having 40% of the tips being kept by the kitchen staff alone.

(Photo credit: TGI Fridays Facebook)
 

Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.

Click here to learn about advertising, content sponsorship, events & rountables, custom media solutions, whitepaper writing, sales leads or eDM opportunities with us.

To get a media kit and information on advertising or sponsoring click here.