More News
FOOD SERVICES | Staff Reporter, UK

Teenager died of allergic reaction from takeaway meal

Megan Lee, 15, suffered reaction after eating a meal from Royal Spice in Lancashire.

According to Daily Mail, the teenager, who had a nut allergy, fell ill after eating an Indian meal from Royal Spice in Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire. She was rushed to Royal Blackburn Hospital but died two days later.

Mohammed Abdul Kuddus, 39, and Harun Rashid, 38, face charges of manslaughter.

A post-mortem examination showed she died from acute asthma due to nut allergy.

Do you know more about this story? Contact us anonymously through this link.

Click here to learn about advertising, content sponsorship, events & rountables, custom media solutions, whitepaper writing, sales leads or eDM opportunities with us.

To get a media kit and information on advertising or sponsoring click here.